STAGE 1 - NOMINATIONS
Nominations are made online. You can nominate in as many or as few categories as you would like at no cost.
Colleagues, peers, and industry contacts are encouraged to recognise the best in the industry.
Self-nominations are also welcome.
Online nominations open on December 2nd, 2016 and will close at end of business on Febuary 30, 2017.
STAGE 2 - FINALISTS CHOSEN
KMI Publishing & Events, the organisers of the Top Investor Awards, will review the nominations and thoroughly cross-check for duplicate entires. The nominees will then be shortlisted to the top 6 in each category.
STAGE 3 - NOMINEES NOTIFIED
All nominees who are eligible in the category for which they have been nominated, will be notified by phone and by e-mail to let them know the good news. They will be invited to complete a submission package in order to be considered as a Finalist for the 2016 Awards.
STAGE 4 - FINALISTS' SUBMISSIONS
All eligible nominees in each category will be invited to complete a submission package which supports their nomination.
Following the Top Investor Awards guidelines for their Award Category, this documentation will support nomination and show our judges why they deserve to win. All submission forms will be collated and sent to our panel of judges for review. Only those who submit the documentation can be considered as a Finalist (all submissions are treated as confidential and our judging panel are required to sign a confidentiality agreement).
Finalists are encouraged to be truthful, honest, creative and prove how they fulfill each requirement to win the award.
STAGE 5 - JUDGES DECISIONS
Our panel of esteemed industry judges will be chosen from the real estate and finance industry and invited to judge the finalists' submissions.
They will be well-known and well respected by their industry peers and their judgement will be impartial, balanced, incisive and fair.
They will review the finalists' submissions and without consulting each other, will submit their own choice for a winner in each category.
The judges decisions are independent and impartial and there is no deliberation between the panel.
STAGE 6 - AUTHENTICATION
The judges will send their selections both to KMI Publishing & Events and to our external auditing firm.
The selections will be collated and winners derived.
Our external auditing firm will then assess and verify the validity and accuracy of the methodology and results.
STAGE 7 - TOP INVESTOR AWARDS PRESENTATION
Canada's Real Estate Investing industry will join the finalists at the Investor Forum Toronto for the announcement of the winners during the luncheon ceremony.
How does the Top Investor Awards nomination process work?
- Individual real estate investors, industry service providers and professionals are invited to nominate themselves, their peers, or any individual or organisation that has made an outstanding contribution to the investment Industry in Canada during 2015.
- We will be presenting awards to winners in 9 categories, including both awards for individuals and industry service providers.
- After online nominations close, extensive phone research will continue the nomination process. This will ensure that the online nominations have not missed anyone worthy of a nomination, and will also verify the nominations that have been received, and gauge whether the nomination is accepted by the wider industry to be deserved.
- The finalists for each category will then be chosen from both pools of information to ensure that all finalists are truly considered by their peers to deserve their selection.
- Formal submission forms will be requested from all finalists once chosen.
Here are the answers to some FAQs about the nominations process:
- If you wish to make a nomination in one or more awards categories, you are invited to visit our dedicated nominations page HERE.
- You can make a nomination in as few or as many awards categories as you wish at no cost (i.e. if you wish to make a nomination for all 9 awards or just for one, you may do so).
- You can nominate the same person or organisation for more than one award
- If you wish to be considered for an award yourself, you may submit a self-nomination and you may request others to nominate you.
- Responses should be up to a maximum of 500 words and must address the award criteria outlined on each online nomination form.